Deadline: May 10, 2021
Applications are open for the Katherine Petcher & Brett Carron Internship 2021. Established in 2016 by Katherine E. Petcher (BA ’87, BCL ’92, LLB ’92) and Brett A. Carron (BCL ’95, LLB ’95) for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Law to take the initiative to gain practical experience during their studies and to provide opportunities for students to broaden their horizons.
Awarded by the Faculty of Law to a BCL/JD student undertaking an international internship, with preference being given to internships in Burkina Faso and second preference being given to internships in West Africa. The recipient of the award must agree to disclose his/her personal information to the donor, including name, educational history, and internship destination. This award is part of the McGill International Experience Awards.
Open to students in the BCL/JD program in the Faculty of Law. Students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be returning to McGill in fall 2021;
- Must hold an acceptance to undertake an international summer internship;
- Must have a minimum CGPA of 2.7;
- Must conduct their internship remotely.
To apply, submit one PDF document comprising the following documents via email to [email protected]:
- A cover letter highlighting how the internship will compliment your academic experience, further your career objectives, and offer you valuable international experience.
- A curriculum vitae.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
- A copy of acceptance to your internship (email confirmation will be accepted).
Applicants should use the following file-name format: firstname.lastname_PetcherCarronAward. ION will only consider applications received from students’ official e-mail account.
For more information, visit McGill Internship.