Pulitzer Center is hiring a Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator
Deadline: May 28, 2021
The Pulitzer Center is hiring a Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Multimedia and Digital Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the Pulitzer Center’s communications team and uses the latest digital marketing tools to help tell the Pulitzer Center’s brand story.
Versatile, creative, and resourceful, the Coordinator will produce video, graphic social media content, engaging marketing emails, original website landing pages, and collaborate with the Communications Director and Graphic Designer to help devise marketing and communications campaigns.
As part of a team that provides internal communications and marketing agency support for the organization as a whole, the Coordinator must be comfortable working with a variety of internal stakeholders, external vendors, and partners.
- Produce the Pulitzer Center’s key promotional videos, including the Center’s annual year-end-review video, fundraising campaign videos, and other multimedia products as needed; create short-form videos for social media.
- Own and manage the Pulitzer Center’s Behind the Story video series, working with grantees to produce short, compelling videos that give audiences a compelling glimpse into the journalism process.
- Document Pulitzer Center events, annual conference, exhibits, Reporting Fellows Washington Weekend, and other relevant events, creating highlights videos on short turnaround when asked.
- Ensure media is backed up and archived appropriately, organize and keep track of multimedia production equipment, work with IT Manager to administer multimedia-related subscriptions and tools (Otter.ai, Storyblocks, Canva, etc).
- Devise and execute multimedia-based social media campaigns.
- Manage the Center’s Instagram account and publishing workflow, keep track of analytics, respond to comments and story posts.
- Maintain YouTube homepage and playlists, ensure video thumbnails align with style, monitor comments, keep track of analytics.
- Provide backup support to the communications team on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn as needed.
Website and Email Marketing
- Create new landing pages in support of the Center’s marketing and communications priorities.
- Serve as point-of-contact for external web development vendor, ensuring that ongoing website support requests are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Devise and execute email marketing campaigns in Mailchimp.
- Provide Mailchimp support to Center colleagues.
- Applicant must show commitment to the Pulitzer Center’s mission;
- 1-3 years of professional experience, internship experience accepted; strong student work samples can supplement professional experience;
- Experience in nonprofit communications and marketing strategies;
- DSLR video and photography;
- Video production & editing;
- Experience with streaming platforms like YouTube and Facebook;
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign);
- Content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress;
- Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Emma, or similar email marketing platforms;
- HTML and CSS;
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for working with platforms like Instagram and YouTube;
- Google Suite or Microsoft Office;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule when necessary—this position sometimes requires work outside normal business hours, or on weekends;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Willingness to attend in-person events (when COVID-19 restrictions and risks are minimized);
- Some local and domestic travel (when COVID-19 restrictions and risks are minimized);
- Spanish-language proficiency highly desirable, but not required;
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant professional experience.
To apply, send your resume by Friday, May 28, using this form with a cover letter, video and writing work samples, and three references.
For more information, visit Pulitzer Center.