Peace First Fellows in Residence Program 2021 for Emerging Social Change Leaders (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 4, 2021
Applications are open for the Peace First Fellows in Residence Program 2021. The Fellows in Residence Program is a paid, year-long Fellowship for emerging social change leaders who aspire to build a movement of youth working for change.
Peace First searches the world for young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises, made significant positive change in their community and are looking for their next leadership opportunity as they work towards a lifelong career as a leader in the social sector. Through a competitive application process, they select an exceptional cohort of young people who join the Peace First team for one year to lead their programs in their home region.
During their year of service, Fellows-in-Residence receive competitive pay, professional development funding, mentorship and training and travel opportunities. They join a global Community of Practice, collaborating with other Fellows in Residence from around the world who become a critical source of support, guidance, feedback and friendship on their journey. Over the course of the year, Fellows in Residence grow their networks within and beyond their region and build skills across many different domains critical to social change leadership.
The job duties of a Fellow in Residence include:
- Designing and implementing recruitment strategy in their region.
- Mobilizing and managing volunteer Ambassadors to meet regional goals.
- Providing feedback and support to a large portfolio of youth project leaders.
- Reviewing and approving all mini-grant applications within their region.
- Developing and managing partnerships with organizations in their region.
- Serving as a coach for Accelerator grantees.
- Hosting Labs, Community Calls and other trainings for young people.
- Speaking on behalf of Peace First.
- Supporting the design of new and improved Peace First programming.
- Contributing to organizational fundraising and storytelling efforts.
- Open to young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises, made significant positive change in their community;
- Applicants should be under 26 years.
Applications for the 2021 cohort of Fellows in Residence in MENA, Asia and Oceania, UK & Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa are now open and will close on Monday, June 4, 2021. Follow links below to apply for the region you’re interested in.
- Fellow in Residence: Asia and Oceania
- Fellow in Residence: Middle East and North Africa
- Fellow in Residence: Sub-Saharan Africa
- Fellow in Residence: UK & Europe
For more information, visit Peace First.