TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 (Funding available)
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021 are now open. The Fellowships are for young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
BIOTEC is seeking 1-2 positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, molecular genetics, biosensors biotechnology and bioinformatics. The Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months.
- BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- Applicants must be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- Meet the requirements of the postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units.
- Apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- Must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
For more information, visit TWAS-BIOTEC.