WomHub Circular Economy Incubator 2021 for South African Women Ecopreneurs
Deadline: May 28, 2021
Applications are open for the WomHub Circular Economy Incubator 2021. The Circular Economy Incubator has been designed using WomHub’s experience in supporting South African women entrepreneurs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing (STEM) through the running skills and capacity building programs, developing, and supporting growth of female founded businesses and building entrepreneurship pipelines.
The Circular Economy Incubator (CEI) brings together 25 South African women ecopreneurs (an entrepreneur focused on creating and selling environmentally friendly products and services) with early-stage businesses to advance the circular or green economy mandate. The CEI 2021 aims to develop the women founded businesses in the circular economy and provide entrepreneurial incubation & mentorship support to them.
The CEI is a year-long hybrid program that kicks off in June 2021. The incubator commences with a three-month virtual sprint focused on idea and business incubation, leadership development, mentorship, and networking. This will be delivered through one-on-one Venture clinics, Group Sessions and Live Masterclasses.
The Incubator expands to an in-person boot camp in September 2021, allowing participants access to WomHub’s unique innovation and co-working space in Johannesburg. In June 2022, the Incubator culminates with an in-person Funders Fair that will provide South African ecopreneurs with an opportunity to hear from and network with investors in African start-ups.
- Increased knowledge of the entrepreneurs’ role in the circular economy, zero waste and building a better and more sustainable business.
- Development of business through personal growth and increased commercial insights.
- Exposure to investors in the African landscape.
- Interaction with fellow ecopreneurs in South Africa.
- Access to one-on-one mentorship and Venture Clinics with Circular Economy subject matter experts.
- Applications are open to entrepreneurs who identify as women with businesses in South Africa.
- Applicants must have businesses with a drive, passion and product/ service working towards zero waste and sustainable consumption / production.
- Applicants must be able to commit for the year-long program commencing in June 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- Applications must be completed through the online application form.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is May 28, 2021, 23h59 SAST.
For more information, visit WomHub.