Deadline: July 31, 2021
Nominations are open for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering 2022. The QEPrize seeks nominations from the public that celebrate a wide variety of engineering innovations across all sectors of the profession, and a breadth of nominators from all corners of the globe.
The QEPrize champions bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation which is of global benefit to humanity. The world’s leading award for engineers and engineering, the annual £500,000 prize promotes excellence in engineering and celebrates engineering’s visionaries. It inspires young minds to consider engineering as a career choice, and it encourages engineers to push the boundaries of what is possible.
Diverse, multifaceted, and continually evolving, engineering helps create solutions to global challenges and improves billions of lives. Engineers have enabled us to work together across the planet, explore the smallest cells and the most distant stars, and navigate our way through the world.
The winners will be awarded:
- A total cash prize of £500,000 (five hundred thousand GBP); and
- Appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion. In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
- Open to any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- Of any nationality;
- Who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
All nominations and Referee endorsements must be received by their respective closing dates to be considered for selection to win the Prize. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed in transit or submission to the Trustees.
For more information, visit QEPrize.