Apply to join the DAAD Team at Wits University as Information Officer
Deadline: June 4, 2021
Are you a graduate, fluent in German? Do you have a B1 certificate to prove it? Join the DAAD team at Wits University! The DAAD Information Centre in Johannesburg is looking for a dedicated and versatile staff for student counselling, administration and program coordination in part-time. The position is initially limited until December 2021.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a joint organization of German universities for the promotion of international scientific cooperation and academic exchange. A worldwide network of 18 DAAD regional offices and over 50 information centres and information points support the work of the DAAD head office in Bonn.
The tasks include:
- Advice on study and research opportunities in Germany as well as on the scholarship programs of the DAAD;
- General office duties;
- Planning and implementation of information events and fairs;
- Preparation of publications and promotional materials;
- Maintaining the website and the social media channels of the Information Centre;
- Maintaining contacts with partner organizations and DAAD Alumni;
- Analysis of the South African higher education market.
- Salary is based on the remuneration scheme of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. The working conditions are subject to South African labour law.
- Applicant should have a University degree (at least BA); studies or working experience in Germany is an advantage;
- Very good communication skills;
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of German language (B1);
- Good knowledge of the German higher education system;
- Good skills in Microsoft Office;
- Organizational skills, intercultural competence, commitment and resilience;
- Work experience in cultural and education sector is an advantage.
To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV and the names and contact details of three referees (including e-mail addresses).
- Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
- External applicants are invited to apply, by registering a profile on the Wits i-recruitment platform and submitting your application.
For more information, visit DAAD.