Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021/2022 (Up to $70,000)
Deadline: September 22, 2021
Applications are open for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2021/2022. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Seventy (70) fellowships are awarded annually. A total of up to 140 awards are active at any time. Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally;
- develop their leadership potential;
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
- The fellowship is are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
- Applicants to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
Individual application documents can be submitted in either English or French. If another language is required to express a particular idea (e.g., specialized concept), be sure to provide an explanation in French or English.
For more information, visit Bantings Fellowship.