Call for Participants: International Volunteering Activity – Eco Heroes 2021 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 4, 2021
Apply now for the International Volunteering Activity – Eco Heroes 2021. Join the activity, volunteer and learn how to run and maintain an eco-friendly facility and facilitate workshops on sustainable living on the beautiful Elba island in Italy!
You will learn about sustainability and eco-friendly behavior through non-formal education methods while staying on a beautiful island, in Sassi Turchini house, 600m from the beach! You will get to experience different outdoor education activities and learn how to organize a workshop connected to these topics. You will gain significant knowledge about the aspects and rules of sustainable and responsible tourism and sustainable communities, neighborhoods, villages, etc. You will be able to reflect on this knowledge and will be able to apply it in your local communities back home.
In this international volunteering activity you will experience living with the local community that runs the house and helping with the daily tasks connected to the eco-friendly tourism facility and its renovation. These practical activities include cooking, gardening, maintenance of hiking trails, etc. These practical tasks will be combined with learning the basics of Italian language that will help you to communicate with the locals on the island. Besides these activities, you will also participate in community activities, like beach cleaning and other activities in cooperation with the city council.
- Free participation
- Food and accommodation are 100% covered
- 100% of the travel costs covered (up to a limit of 275 EUR).
Open to representatives and volunteers 16-30 years old from these countries (either nationality or residency):
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Republic of North Macedonia
- IYNF expects you to choose the most sustainable way of transportation, e.g. only 2nd/economy class tickets can be reimbursed. For flights and travelling by car prior approval of the Secretariat will be needed.
- Participants are expected to be present at least 80% of the working time. If you are not able to fulfil this condition, discuss it with the Secretariat prior to your application. Not following this rule might result in IYNF not being able to accept your application.
To apply, fill in and submit the application form, until June 4, 23:59 CET. The selected participants will be informed via email until June 15.
For more information, visit IYNF.