Call for Applications: Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) 2021
Deadline: July 15, 2021
Applications for the Rise Up Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) 2021 are now open. The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) is an exciting initiative that is advancing innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally.
Following a competitive selection process, Rise Up will select 22 visionary young people to participate in an innovative virtual incubator-style training that integrates intensive capacity building, leadership development, advocacy, project funding, and technical support to enable the Youth Champions to launch creative new initiatives to improve SRHR in their countries.
- Rise Up will competitively award $12,000 USD grants to participating Youth Champions and their organizations to launch innovative sexual and reproductive health and rights projects they develop during the Incubator.
- Open to young persons between the ages of 18-29;
- Residents of India, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Rwanda or Louisiana and Mississippi, USA;
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health, rights and justice;
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, family planning, innovation and/or related fields;
- Ability to participate in an online virtual workshop meeting weekly for two hours between October and December 2021. Rise Up will cover all costs related to program participation, including materials and internet costs;
- Proficient in oral and written English;
- Support of a registered civil society or non profit organization, network or group;
- To be eligible for a grant in association with this project, Rise Up requires organizations to be legally registered in country, be able to receive international funds, and in India to be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA). Entities that are not registered can be sponsored by a legally registered entity.
They will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews with candidates over Zoom in August and September. You can expect to hear back from them by October 1, 2021.