Future is Female Mentorship Program 2021
Deadline: July 5, 2021
Applications are open for the Future is Female Mentorship Program 2021. The Future is Female Mentorship Program is a complementary Public Relations (PR) and communications program dedicated exclusively to the business development needs of African female tech founders.
African female tech founders are often unsupported and overlooked in the male-dominated tech world, and the program wants to empower and support this group. The Future is Female Mentorship Program provides African female tech founders of early-stage startups with PR and communications expertise, knowledge, and insights to help grow their business and gain more visibility to attract customers, investors, and strategic partnerships.
- A customized online master class with Claudine Moore MD/Founder, CMM and Adjunct Professor, New York University;
- Insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications for Africa-focused start-ups;
- Practical examples of how to incorporate storytelling into your communications;
- A topline review of The Three T’s: Theme, Tone, and Timing of communications and content creation;
- Information on how to create an actionable communications campaign;
- An overview of media relations with an outline of the differences between the hyper-local, regional and global press;
- COVID Communications: Learn how the media landscape has changed and how this affects your business;
- Tips on business relationship development with a cross-section of stakeholders;
- Three one hour one-on-one mentoring sessions specific to your business and sector.
They are interested in resilient, resourceful, and savvy female founders with demonstrated traction in building their tech-enabled business; they require that:
- The business is less than two years old.
- You are female-founded or have at least one woman who is part of the co-founder team.
- Your company is Africa-focused serving African markets or Africans in the Diaspora.
- The company is an early-stage startup (pre-series A investment).
- You have a business plan in place.
- You have a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Ideally, a functional website.
- You have launched your startup and have initial traction (i.e., money, users, etc.)
The application portal to apply for The Future is Female Mentorship Program is open and will close at 11:59 pm (WAT) on Monday, July 5. They will announce the successful female founders on Monday, July 26.