Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2022-2023 for Egyptians to study in the US (Fully-funded)
Deadline: October 14, 2021
Applications for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program 2022-2023 are now open. The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
- The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Open to Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 79 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading).
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years;
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience;
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
The required documents include:
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Newton Education Services and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services by Thursday, October 14, 2021.
- University application to be submitted to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs after being selected for the scholarship, and with the guidance of Newton Education Services.
For more information, visit Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship.