Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador Program 2021
Deadline: June 23, 2021
Do you want to make a big impact on Internet governance in your community? Receive training and connect with a network of key influencers in the Internet governance sphere? Gain access to a platform where you can raise your voice on Internet issues that matter to you? Apply for the Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador Program 2021.
Each year, the Internet Society selects thirty young, passionate people to participate in their Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Youth Ambassador Program, equipping the next generation of Internet leaders to collaborate and innovate for a better world.
In becoming an IGF Youth Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to take part in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF), an annual meeting that brings various stakeholders together from around the world to share good policies and practices relating to the Internet.
During the program, you will:
- Receive training and mentoring on key Internet governance issues.
- Represent your community, increase your visibility and bring your voice to the table.
- Engage with key Internet stakeholders from around the world.
- Work as a team and become part of the broader Internet governance community.
- Develop the skills and connections needed to make more of an impact in your local community (and beyond!).
If you are an Internet Society member and aged 18-30, you can apply.
All applicants must be:
- Able to present a strong interest in Internet governance;
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise on issues on the IGF agenda;
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating your stance;
- Capable of representing the Internet Society, its views and policies;
- Can continue to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF;
- Fluent in English;
- Able to commit 6+ hours per week during the eLearning phase;
- Available to take part in meetings and webinars;
- Not have been selected as an Internet Society IGF;
- Ambassador, [email protected] Fellow, or IGF Youth Ambassador before.
The selection process is conducted in three phases:
- Online Application: You must meet all the eligibility criteria above
- Online Internet Governance Course: The applicants selected in phase 1 (up to 150 individuals) will take an online course on Internet Governance. All participants will be grouped into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. Up to 50 participants will be selected to proceed to the next phase.
- Paper writing: Finalists from the online course phase will be required to write a paper on an existing or emerging area in Internet Governance, leveraging the learning from the course and Internet Society 2021 Projects. Papers will be evaluated by a selection committee and the best submissions will be selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors.
Please note that the selection committee, composed of Internet Society staff, Online Tutors and Chapter/SIG Leaders, attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
For more information, visit IGF Youth Ambassador.