Google Indie Games Accelerator 2021 for Game Developers
Deadline: July 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Google Indie Games Accelerator 2021. The Indie Games Accelerator from Google Play is a three-month digital accelerator program for high potential indie games studios from selected countries.
The program is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to high potential indie games. You will get direct access to Google and top industry experts and learn how to build and grow a successful games company. You will join a global community of passionate game developers who are looking to take their business to the next level.
This program is designed to supercharge your games business. The 36 selected indie game studios will spend 60 hours, over 12 weeks, learning from the best in a mix of masterclasses, mentoring, networking, and on-demand content. In this fully virtual accelerator, you can expect to learn how you can strategize, build, grow, earn, and lead your game and your studio to success.
- Strategize: Creating a successful game and studio begins with a solid foundation. They will spend some time looking at where your game / studio is now, where you want it to be, and what you need to do to get it there. They will also help you set OKRs for your studio.
- Build: Ideation, concepting, prototyping and more. Hear what tools are available, and how to best use them, to build your game for success.
- Grow: The phrase, “if you build it, they will come” doesn’t always ring true. The growth phase of the accelerator program will take a look at best practices for pre-launch, go-to-market, and LiveOps.
- Earn: Which monetization techniques best suit your game? What new monetization techniques have emerged, and more importantly will they work for you?
- Lead: They say that “diversity drives innovation – when we limit who can contribute, we in turn limit what problems we can solve.” So as founders, how can you plan for, hire for, grow and lead a diverse team?
- You must be a registered developer on Google Play.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of entering the competition.
- You must be the developer of the game you are submitting for review.
- You can submit an existing game or a game that you’re planning on launching soon.
- North America: United States, Canada.
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland).
- Middle East & Africa: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, South Africa and Tunisia.
Submission of entries ends at 3.00 p.m. CET on July 1, 2021. All entries must be submitted during the Submission Period. Any entries received after the Submission Period will automatically be disqualified.
For more information, visit Google Indie Games Accelerator.