International Identity Day Design Competition 2021 for African Digital Artists (US$3000 prize)
Deadline: July 16, 2021
ID4Africa is inviting creatives in Africa to participate in the International Identity Day (ID-Day) Design Competition. This competition aims to help raise awareness on the importance of ID-Day, celebrated on September 16, and the cause of Identity for all.
The purpose of the design competition is to promote ID-Day with an impactful image that will both inspire and encourage the worldwide community to rally around this important cause. As digital artists, this will be your opportunity to use your creativity to raise awareness of identity as a key enabler of inclusive socio-economic development in all countries worldwide but most importantly in Africa.
The winning design will become the official theme design for ID-Day 2021 which will be made accessible on our website for re-use by the international community to commemorate the occasion.
The winner will receive a cash prize of US$3000.
- This competition is open exclusively to African digital artists, designers, illustrators, photographers, professional or amateur, residing in Africa
- Proof of identity, nationality, and address will be requested before the award is issued.
- Minors (children under 18) are eligible but must submit a Consent Form from a parent or legal guardian to qualify. Download Consent Form.
Designs will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Expression showing an understanding of identity in the context of national development
- Whether the message and theme are clearly and easily understood
- Whether the art and message will prompt curiosity and discussion
- Artistic excellence, originality and creativity
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 designs.
- Files should be named as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Country_01/02_IDDay
- Entries must include a brief written “Artist Statement” (200 words maximum) explaining your inspiration and creative process in the context of Identity and Identity Day.
- High-quality images are required. Poor representation such as low resolution, blurred images etc., will reduce your chances of being selected.
- Designs should be submitted together in one application and not as separate entry forms. In the case of repeat entries, only the final entry will be accepted and retained.
The design should follow the specifications listed below:
- Horizontal: 2800 (w) x 1568 (h) pixels, 300 dpi in JPG, TIFF, PDF or EPS format. The winning design will be used primarily on social media and on several websites. If being printed, A3 or A5 specs will be used. Please consider these formats when creating your design.
- Your digital file must be higher than 1MB and less than 4MB in size.
- Cheerful and highly visible colors are suggested.
- Designs produced using the following techniques are eligible: Graphic design • illustration • photography • painting • typography • animation • mixed media.
- However, please note all entries must be finalized in a digital format.
With the intention of promoting Identity Day, the design should include the following:
- The Identity Day logo (download here)
- Title: Happy International Identity Day 2021
- Date: 16 September (specifically using this format)
Submissions must be made online by the latest July 16, 2021 at 11:59 PST
For more information, visit IID Design Competition.