BeChangeMaker Africa Social Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program 2021
Deadline: July 26, 2021
Applications are now open for the BeChangeMaker Africa 2021 to inspire action on global challenges through social entrepreneurship and the power of skills.
BeChangeMaker provides access to high quality learning content on HP LIFE, tools and technology for startup acceleration, dedicated coaching, mentoring and customized support, as well as the opportunity to tap into a diverse global network of potential supporters and investors. It is also part of the implementation of the African Union’s One Million by 2021 Initiative.
HP LIFE, a program of the HP Foundation, provides 32 FREE online learning courses for entrepreneurs, innovators, and small business owners worldwide. Thirty teams are chosen for BeChangeMaker Africa 2021 with projects tackling a range of economic and societal challenges.
- The top five teams will each receive EUR 1,000 worth of customized post-program coaching.
- Additionally, the top three teams from the pitch finale will each receive EUR 2,000 cash award.
To be eligible to enter the BCM, the participants must:
- be from 18 to 35 years old;
- be receiving general or vocational education and training or have finished general or vocational education and training at the time of participation;
- join the BCM alone or with a maximum of four other participants as a team (total team size is five persons maximum);
- be responsible for ensuring that their participation in the BCM complies with any policies of their corporations, agencies, institutions, schools, or colleges where they are employed or trained. WorldSkills International, the HP Foundation, and the African Union are not responsible for any disputes arising between participants and their employers, schools, or colleges.
- Step 1: Form a team of two to five people who share the same vision, are between 18 and 35 years old, and choose a team leader.
- Step 2: Introduce your team and share your social challenge in a 1-minute video. Upload the video to YouTube as unlisted and include the link in your online application.
- Step 3: Fill out the application form. The team leader is required to fill out the application form on behalf of the team before July 26. Please make sure that each of the team member has read and agreed to the Official Rules and created an account on HP LIFE to access the free courses before submitting the application.
- Step 4: 30 teams will be selected to officially join the program. The announcement will be made on 6 August.
- Step 5: The program will kick off on 13 August with an orientation for the exciting three months of intensive and engaging training.
For more information, visit BeChangeMaker Africa.