AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science 2021
Deadline: June 23, 2021
Applications are open for the AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science 2021. The two-month virtual program is designed to equip participants with the skills and confidence to lead and innovate in the scientific world.
The AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science will offer customized learning experiences that will equip participants with skills and knowledge to develop their leadership capacity, leverage networks to advance their careers, enhance their personal brands, and navigate the challenges in leadership space. Participants will also get one-on-one coaching sessions.
The AWARD Leadership Program for Emerging African Women in Science is offered under the umbrella of the Global Forum on Women in Scientific Research (GoFoWiSeR) initiative. GoFoWiSeR is an initiative of AWARD which focuses on contributing toward bridging the gender gap in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) by spotlighting the strategies and approaches that improve the numbers and experiences of women in STEM.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion upon successfully attending and completing all training sessions.
- Participants will get a deeper understanding of:
- Effective leadership styles and developing their leadership potential
- How to define their career path and leverage networks to advance their careers
- How to develop personal brands to build confidence in pitching their research ideas to potential funding agencies and collaborators
- The necessary tools and skills to successfully manage teams, navigate organizational dynamics, build alliances, and take risks
- How to navigate around gender dynamics and apply proven strategies to be effective negotiators and problem solvers
- The program is available to high-potential female applicants below the age of 35 years working in science, and with at least five years full-time sector experience;
- Applicants must have a minimum of a B.Sc. degree from a recognized university;
- Applicants must demonstrate their commitment to growth, clearly articulate their career goals and demonstrate their ability to take on leadership responsibility;
- Only applicants from the following countries are eligible: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, and Zambia
- The language of instruction and delivery is English, and participants must have a working knowledge of the English language. Language support is not available for this program.
The Call for applications closes on June 23, 2021, at 23:59 East Africa Time (GMT+3). Applications will NOT be accepted after this date.
For more information, visit AWARD.