World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2022
Deadline: July 15, 2021
Applications are now open World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2022. The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professionals Programs into one World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (WBG YPP).
The new program is now accepting applications on behalf of three institutions (the World Bank, IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across their institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
The WBG YPP is a two-year leadership development program at the start of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young Professionals (YPs) start the program in Washington, DC, where they engage in intensive training—on-the-job and in the classroom—learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations across institutions, and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
The WBG YPP is a starting point for an exciting career at the World Bank Group. They are looking for applicants who demonstrate a passion for international development, graduate education, relevant professional experience, and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across our institutions.
Program features include:
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies, Products and Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management-supported rotations & job placements
The WBG YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development/finance and the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the World Bank Group.
Compensation and Benefits
- The WBG YPP offers a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract.
- Benefits include:
- Life and accident insurance
- A pension plan and
- Possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
Young Professionals are recruited from around the world. They welcome all qualified individuals from diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds to apply.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must:
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a graduate degree: master’s or doctoral degree*
- For World Bank placement: Complete a relevant master’s degree by July 15, 2021 or PhD before September 2022. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 12, 2022. Fields of study should be related to an IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level**
- For World Bank placement: Demonstrate 3+ years of relevant experience, or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Demonstrate 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, political risk insurance and credit enhancement, project/program development, economic development and/or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber, on as wide a geographical basis as possible, with preference to nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement, communication and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging markets or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Credentials
- 1 Short Essay
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates, only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations.
Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16 – September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.
For more information, visit World Bank Group.