United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN) Global Schools Advocates Program 2021
Deadline: July 14, 2021
Applications are open for the United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UNSDSN) Global Schools Advocates Program 2021. The Global Schools launches its call for the third cohort of the Global Schools Advocates Program to build the capacity of primary and secondary school teachers to integrate sustainability in school communities.
Selected teachers will be invited to undergo a free online training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development, where they will learn about the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the SDGs, the role of schools and educators in achieving the SDGs, and how to incorporate these topics in lesson plans and school activities. After completing the course, the Global Schools Program will support teachers by giving them free resources to assist them in building a long-term school strategy and implementing ESD in their classroom and school community.
The primary responsibilities of the Advocates include:
- Complete the online training: The advocates will participate in a four-hour online training program to develop their understanding of sustainable development, Global Schools, and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
- Introduce ESD to their school: Advocates will be given a Toolkit with a presentation as well as a workshop that they can adapt to school communities.
- Integrate ESD activities in classrooms and/or the school community: Advocates will be given a Toolkit with Lesson Plans and Activities that they can carry out throughout their mandate in their classroom and/or school. The Advocates program does not require teachers to implement a defined curriculum.
- Share their Journey: Advocates will be tasked with sharing their journey with the Global Schools community. They can also share projects and initiatives with school leadership, parents, and the greater community.
- Free training course on the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development;
- Ability to join an incredible network of like-minded teachers working to implement activities and lessons on the SDGs within their classrooms;
- Opportunity to serve as a Mentor Advocate for future cohorts;
- Certificate of Completion granted after the completion of the entire program;
- Monthly online professional development workshops and conversations with experts on the SDGs and education.
- Ability to act as a leader in your community and school by developing a long-term plan of ESD integration;
- Recognizable title as a Global Schools Advocate for the UN SDSN.
- All primary and secondary teachers worldwide are invited to apply, including the 45,000+ teachers already in the Global Schools network of 1,000+ schools in 80+ countries.
- They should teach at any primary or secondary school worldwide (teachers employed through volunteering programs such as UN Volunteers, Fulbright, Teach for All, etc. are also eligible).
- Possess a high level of English to complete the Advocates Training and engage with the global network.
- Commit a minimum of 5 hours per week for this role.
Please read the following documents with more information before applying.
For more information, visit Global Schools Advocates.