One World Media Global Short Docs Forum 2021
Deadline: July 22, 2021
Applications are invited for the One World Media Global Short Docs Forum 2021. The Global Short Docs Forum brings together 12 filmmakers selected from a global call, to attend an intensive online training program and one-to-one pitch meetings. Over four weeks of masterclasses, workshops and mentoring they take your short doc from conception to commission.
The Global Short Docs Forum is a dedicated event to bridge the gap between the growing number of online media platforms looking for documentary shorts, and short doc filmmakers:
- Dedicated to shorts: Pitching and development forum wholly dedicated to documentary shorts: GSDF is the first of its kind.
- New and diverse voices: Fresh and unique narratives offering original perspectives on the dominant digital platforms.
- Meet the gatekeepers: Curated workshops, pitch training, and networking opportunities between the experts and the makers.
- Access to market: Access for diverse filmmakers to the growing market of online platforms seeking untold stories.
- Positive storytelling: They have a special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
Selected filmmakers join a supportive environment of international filmmakers coming together to discuss, develop and rework their pitches, leading to one-to-one meetings with representatives from digital platforms.
The online Forum will be composed of 2 x 2h sessions for 4 weeks, along with individual mentoring meetings throughout the week. By the end of the Forum, filmmakers will be expected to produce a short pre-recorded pitch video, including a trailer of their project. These will be shared with platform representatives, in advance of the one-to-one pitching sessions.
- Invaluable pitching training and mentoring;
- Workshops + masterclasses from industry experts;
- One-to-one meetings with digital platforms;
- Connect with doc filmmakers from all over the world.
- Open to filmmakers of short documentaries with new and original narratives.
- Open to applications from all over world, with documentary projects up to 30 mins.
- Special interest in stories that have a social, political or cultural narrative, take a solutions journalism approach or give us a new perspective on the changes we want to see in the world.
Call for submissions to GSDF is open to anyone around the world. Applicants are shortlisted and interviewed before the final selection.
For more information, visit One World Media.