MDPI – Water Best PhD Thesis Award 2021 for Scholars (800 CHF prize)
Deadline: November 10, 2021
Applications are invited for the MDPI – Water Best PhD Thesis Award 2021. This prize will be awarded to a PhD student who is about to graduate or participate in the graduation thesis.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. Their 352 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by more than 84,200 academic editors. They serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
- Bonus of 800 CHF;
- Offer to publish a free paper in Water before the end of 2022.
- The candidate must be a PhD student who is going to graduate or participate in graduation thesis defenses.
- The PhD thesis must be original work.
- The PhD thesis must be defended between January 1, 2021 and October 31, 2021.
- Quality of resume and publications;
- Relevance of the candidate and research description;
- Novelty of the candidate’s PhD thesis;
- Strength of the recommendation letter;
- Anticipated academic potential;
- Originality and impact of the research.
Required application documents include:
- An executive summary of the PhD thesis in English, of around 3000 words;
- A letter from PhD supervisor recommending the candidate for consideration for this award;
- The candidate’s CV, including a list of publications connected with the thesis;
- An electronic copy of the PhD thesis;
- A scanned copy of the PhD diploma (or a certificate of studying at a university or research institute as a PhD student who is going to participate in graduation thesis defenses).
For more information, visit Water Best Ph.D. Thesis Award.