Women in Engineering (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship 2021
Deadline: August 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Women in Engineering (WomEng) Southern Africa Fellowship 2021. The WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship is an online program providing Fellows with materials and resources to learn in their own space and time. This will be supplemented with regular online chats via WhatsApp and live master classes on Zoom.
The program will be run in four (4) modules between September 2021 – March 2022 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. There will be thinking, discussing, writing and reflecting tasks. The program is designed to shape the way women in engineering think about themselves as confident leaders in industry.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership Now – Unlocking Your Story and Style
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Look After Yourself
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Engaged Fellows will be invited to networking events with leaders from De Beers Group and Southern Africa Fellowship Alumni represented from all three (3) countries (South Africa, Botswana or Namibia) in 2022.
- Gain exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills.
- Grow a professional network.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Engaged Fellows will have an opportunity to attend a networking event with leaders from De Beers Group from your respective country (South Africa, Namibia or Botswana) in 2022.
- Open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2022 or 2023.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month between September 2021 – March 2022 to participate in the program. The program is designed taking into consideration COVID-19 restrictions and foreseen academic workloads.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return. To access the downloadable application form, click here.
The form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Educational Background
- Leadership and Employability
- Experience with Online Learning
- Final Checks
For more information, visit WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship.