Women in Engineering (WomEng) HB Antwerp Innovation Lab 2021 [Botswanans Only]
Deadline: August 2, 2021
Applications are open for the Women in Engineering (WomEng) HB Antwerp Innovation Lab 2021. The HB Antwerp Innovation Lab prepares soon-to-be graduates with skills for the engineering and technology industry. The program will include an intensive month-long virtual core program, followed by two months of virtual support and mentorship.
Participants in the program will also improve their skillsets, including innovation and intrapreneurship; gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering; and enhance their confidence in public speaking and networking. Their core learning pillars include innovation, leadership and intrapreneurship.
The program has been created to support Botswanans pursuing STEM careers, offering meaningful, in-country training and job opportunities. The program also aims to support the Botswanan economy, fostering long-term talent development and brand exposure for new graduates and midcareer engineers, while furthering gender parity in the diamond industry. Additionally, HB Antwerp aims to extend job offers to some of the participants upon completion of the program.
- Gain exclusive access to resources on innovation, leadership and intrapreneurial skills.
- Gain a greater understanding of the practical implications of engineering.
- Enhance confidence in public speaking and networking.
- Gain the opportunity to be recruited by HB Antwerp in January 2022.
- Applications are open to students of any gender.
- Applicants must be citizens of Botswana.
- Applicants must be studying full-time towards an engineering tertiary level qualification at a university or university of technology in Botswana or neighboring countries with the vision to remain or return to Botswana for full-time work.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate to final year i.e. 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must be able to commit 3 – 5 hours per week in September 2021 for the core virtual program. This will be followed by a support program in October – November 2021 requiring an average time commitment of 1 – 2 hours a week.
Applications must be completed online. It is recommended that responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return.
This form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Educational Background
- Leadership and Employability
- Experience with Online Learning
- Final Checks
For more information, visit WomEng.