Call for Writers: CHRDA Writing Contract “The Unheard Voices of the Anglophone Crisis” [Cameroonians Only]
Deadline: August 26, 2021
The Center for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa (CHRDA) calls on interested writers to submit applications for a writing contract. This is part of a project with Swisspeace to produce a book titled “The Unheard Voices of the Anglophone Crisis.”
Several efforts have been made by the government, Civil Society Organizations, International Organizations and individuals to see a return of peace to the restive Anglophone Regions and the nation as a whole since the outbreak of the Anglophone crisis. Many internally displaced persons and refugees still find it difficult to regain their homes, fearing violence.
The fundamental preoccupation here is why are there still some major drawbacks despite all efforts to see a return of peace? It is observed that all actors involved in the peace process in the context of the Anglophone crisis have not been duly consulted. It is for this reason that CHRDA wants to come up with a comprehensive scientific document that will carry a multifaceted analysis of issues plaguing the Anglophone Regions of Cameroon, thereby proposing lasting solutions. This document will further serve as a reference for researchers all over the globe and a store of the history of Cameroon for posterity.
Since this is a research project, data will be collected from the field by data collectors. The writers are responsible for developing creative content from the already analyzed data gathered from the field for each of the various topics:
- A brief historical evolution of Cameroon. Focus will be on the economic evolution of Anglophone Cameroon with emphasis on the economic stifling.
- Motivations, experiences and aspirations of combatants and ex-combatants
- Impact of the Anglophone crisis on the population (captured in poetry, pictures, drawings, short stories etc.)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian situation
- Applicant must be a Cameroonian female or male;
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Arts and Law or other related fields;
- Be an author of any creative piece ( poem, novel, short story);
- Be fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge in French is an added advantage;
- Must be able to work effectively in a politically sensitive environment and exercise discretion, impartiality and neutrality.
Interested writers should submit their files comprising an original writing sample which reflects the writer’s creativity, a written application, Curriculum Vitae, photocopy of identification card and other supporting documents to [email protected] or deposit at CHRDA’s head office at Biaka Street-Bonduma, Buea, South West Region Cameroon on or before the deadline.
For more information, visit CHRDA.