AO Alliance-COSECSA Orthopaedic Surgery Scholarship Program 2021/2022
Deadline: October 15, 2021
Applications are open for the AO Alliance-COSECSA Orthopaedic Surgery Scholarship Program 2021/2022. Caring for the injured is essential. It must be a priority in the development of strategies to curb the devastating effects of orthopaedic injuries.
To help address this problem, the AO Alliance and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship program to support orthopaedic surgeons in Training, help them complete the Program by Examination, and advance Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Capacity in sub-Saharan Africa in COSECSA member countries.
- Each scholarship is worth USD $1,400. The number of awards is fifteen (15).
- Open to final-year COSECSA FCS orthopaedic trainees; Non-COSECSA Orthopaedic surgeons working in a COSECSA accredited hospital who wish to advance their knowledge and Final year (Fifth year) MMed trainees intending to take the Fellowship (FCS Ortho) examination in 2022.
- The award should be used for Program Entry (enrollment) and Fellowship (FCS) examination expenses.
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcomes, a current CV, and a letter of support from the surgical training Program Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- Use COSECSA/AO ALLIANCE/2021/1 as the Scholarship Reference Number.
All applications must be submitted online through the scholarship application form addressed to the COSECSA Registrar using the following link: Scholarship Application Form
For more information, visit AO Alliance-COSECSA.