British Council #NewNarrativesChallenge Video Competition 2021 (Win £500)
Deadline: September 3, 2021
Entries are invited for the British Council #NewNarrativesChallenge Video Competition 2021. Submit your creative videos for an opportunity to win £500.
The #NewNarrativesChallenge is aimed at 18 to 35-year-olds, who are willing to share diverse stories of their countries (Countries of Africa and the UK). The British Council is looking for creative submissions that tell ‘the other stories’ of countries of Africa and the UK. They would like to see authentic stories that are not often portrayed in the media.
- If selected as a winner, you will receive a prize award of £500. Winners will be paid the equivalent of the prize award in their local currency.
- You must be 18 to 35 years when you apply and be a resident of one of these countries:
- Ethiopia, Algeria, Botswana, Kenya, Egypt, Malawi, Rwanda, Libya, Mauritius, England, Scotland, Wales, South Sudan, Morocco, Mozambique, Sudan, Tunisia, Namibia, Northern Ireland, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone.
- Video submission can be in any language, but the language needs to be specified in the caption.
- The selection panel will review the video submissions and notify the top ten participants.
- Once the selection process is complete, the selection panel will announce and contact the top ten submissions.
- The top ten winners will be invited to complete a form and accept the terms and conditions, and privacy notice. They will also require you to submit photographs for publicity materials.
Share a one minute Instagram video or a 30-second Instagram reel with the hashtag #NewNarrativesChallenge #NoToASingleStory on Instagram.
In the video, state the country where you are from. (This can be written as an onscreen caption and/or in the main caption.) Submissions should be creative and promote new and diverse narratives of countries of Africa or the UK.
For more information, visit British Council.