Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2021 (Scholarship available)
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Applications for the Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2021 are open. The Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) program is a hands-on skills training data science course based on solving real-world problems.
Big Data, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving a revolution around the world as companies rush to take advantage of their data and turn it into a competitive advantage. However there is a shortage of skilled data scientists and managers worldwide and this shortage is much worse in Africa. In this program, participants will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling, to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects.
The goals of the program are to deliver:
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of key technical skills in data science including machine learning, big data computing and business intelligence.
- A dynamic network of colleagues who will be future leaders and data scientists.
- A portfolio of real-world success stories in data science, backed up by quantitative performance metrics.
- The ability to rapidly learn new data science skills to allow them to remain on the cutting edge despite the rapidly evolution in the field.
- An understanding of which areas of data science they wish to specialise in.
- Full awards covering tuition, travel and living expenses to attend two-week workshop available for qualifying African students.
- Applicant should have Honours, Master’s or PhD in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent industry experience.
- Applications for scholarships will only be accepted from students in:
- South Africa
- Namibia, and
In order to apply, you will need to:
- Complete the registration form
- As part of the registration form you will also need to upload a short CV (2 pages max.)
- The first round of selections will be required to complete an online test, the purpose of this is to ensure that candidates have sufficient practical coding, logic and basic statistics skills – as well as flexibility and motivation – to be successful in the program. Due to the high demand for places additional online assessments may be required before candidates are short listed.
- Short listed candidates will be then be invited for an online interview.
For more information, visit Africa DSI Program.