Apply for the World Water Challenge 2021 (Up to $12,000 USD in prizes)
Deadline: September 10, 2021
Applications are open for the World Water Challenge 2021. The World Water Challenge is an international contest for water solutions. As a follow up activity of the 7th World Water Forum in 2015, it has been annually held in conjunction with the Korea International Water Week (KIWW), aiming to identify imminent water problems that world is facing and to find feasible solutions to them.
World Water Challenge 2021 hold as one of the signature programs of KIWW 2020. This 6th edition of World Water Challenge is expected to serve its role as an important platform to share not only innovative scientific/technological method but also policy towards solving the defined water challenges around the world and to forge a broad network among the experts and stakeholders in water sector as well as the diverse pool of solution providers.
Particularly, amid the ongoing COVID-19 situation around the world, WWCH 2021 will continue to deal with the special topic “Water and Health” selected last year along with five Main Topics to demonstrate a pathway to not only overcoming the current pandemic but also achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Winners will be presented with a cash prize and trophy:
- The Best: up to 10,000,000KRW (approximately $8,400 USD)
- Outstanding: up to 5,000,000KRW (approximately $4,200 USD)
- Winners will have the chance to be invited to the WWCH showcase during the KIWW 2022 and/or the 9th World Water Forum to share their solutions with the experts from all around the world.
- Anyone (as individual or on behalf of an organization) who is interested in water is welcome to participate in the program.
- Persons (including winners) who participated once (and more) in the previous WWCH are allowed to participate in the WWHC 2021 with the different (or updated) subject and ideas. Same contents or ideas with the previous contents, will not be considered.
- The solution providers are kindly requested to submit their proposals through the online submission system.
- Solution submission can only be proceeded after online registration for the KIWW 2021.
- Make sure that all submissions must be filled out in English, using the provided Solution submission template.
For more information, visit World Water Challenge.