ICTP Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021/2022 for Outstanding Young Scientists (Paid Position)
Deadline: November 19, 2021
Applications are open for the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021/2022. ICTP seeks applications for a postdoctoral position starting January 2022 from outstanding young scientists with a strong research record. ICTP is a UNESCO Category 1 research institute supporting science and education in the developing world. ICTP promotes worldwide initiatives for the career development of women in science.
The position is in the Information and Communications Technology Section (ICTS) in the area of High Performance Computing (HPC), with focus on Cloud Computing Infrastructure (private, public and hybrid) as well as Cloud Identity and Access Management for scientific use and application of Cloud Computing including Artificial Intelligence. The HPC team is expected to provide training on Scientific Cloud Computing and related topics as well as support ICTP researchers in the use of Cloud Computing tools, applications and platforms for Scientific Research.
- ICTP offers internationally competitive remuneration and a number of benefits. The take-home monthly salary will be in the range of 2,100 – 2,700 EUR (depending on seniority).
- Additional benefits include health insurance, a pension contribution, and special allowances for family members. The initial appointment will be made for two years.
- Fellows must have completed a PhD in Computing or Engineering or related disciplines prior to the start of their fellowship.
- They must have prior practical experience in the deployment of Cloud Computing platforms and solutions and be able to carry out active, independent and multidisciplinary research.
- Candidates who have experience in above mentioned research/focus areas and who obtained their PhD after 2015 will be given priority.
Applications and expressions of interest are welcome. Applications should include a cover letter, an updated CV including the full list of publications, a statement of research interests, and two or more letters of recommendation.
For more information, visit ICTP.