Ban Ki-Moon Centre Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation Program 2021/2022
Deadline: September 26, 2021
Applications for the Ban Ki-Moon Centre Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation Program 2021/2022 are now open. The Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation is a virtual educational and capacity-building program that fosters the leadership of African young women to induce and realize sustainable solutions that build resilience to the changing climate by fostering knowledge on climate adaptation, elevating leadership skills and connecting professional networks.
Hosted fully virtually on an exclusive online learning platform the part-time training program will spread over 20-weeks between October 2021 to March 2022. The participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on Zoom and self-learning tools such as videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes and assignments.
- Core Knowledge about Gender-Sensitive Climate Adaptation
- Leadership Capacity-Building
- Project Management Coaching
- Networking and Career Guidance
- Applicant must be a woman between the ages 20-35;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and/or higher;
- Be a national of the Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or Zimbabwe;
- Be passionate about climate action and have basic knowledge of climate change;
- Be involved in a climate adaptation project or aware of a challenge in your community;
- Have personal or professional leadership experience.
- You need to have a strong and reliable internet connection and proficient level of English.
- Attend the webinar sessions regularly (90-120 minutes, 1-2 times a week; weekdays; afternoon) and be able to commit the equivalent of 2 days a month for the course duration.
- Complete assignments on time and show active participation in the live sessions and peer-to-peer review tasks.
- Newly or further develop a project that integrates climate adaptation and its gender-related implications.
Fill in and submit the online application form together with your CV and copy of your passport by September 26, 2021.
For more information, visit Ban Ki-Moon Centre.