Deadline: September 19, 2021
Proposals are invited for the Goethe-Institut House of African Feminisms 2021. The Goethe-Institut network in Sub-Saharan Africa is supporting artistic projects in the area of African Feminisms with a specific focus on the everyday life of African women of all generations.
This open call invites African artists, collectives and creative practitioners to produce a digital documentary artwork that can be presented on the website “House of African Feminisms”. They are looking for reportages, photographic essays or short films that question and engage around the role of African women in the everyday life and how their power and role manifests itself in their profession and daily life practices. They want to discover new perspectives of “African Feminisms” and female empowerment in the daily life of people, not only in artistic and academic contexts. How do we define the powerful and strong African woman? What are the contexts in which these women move, act and speak and which are the contexts these women (re)create?
- The maximum funding available per proposal is EUR 1,000.
- Each successful applicant will also be part of a growing network of people engaged with the House of African Feminisms and invited to future networking events. Narrative and financial report writing as well as cooperation in the PR are expected.
- Open to African artists, collectives and creative practitioners.
- Applicants are to propose the format for how they will explore their specific question, this could be through the form of films, reportages or photographic essays.
- Produce a photographic Essay, Reportage or Short Film, with a specific focus on Feminisms in the everyday life of African Women and provide it for the HoAF website.
- Provide PR material for the project communication.
- All aspects of the project to be completed by early December 2021.
- Submission of narrative and financial report until January 15 2022.
Submissions should include:
- Your concept (max 2 pages or a video no more than 3 minutes)
- Biography or CV
- Budget plan
- What your medium will likely be
- Any links to your work you think are relevant to this application
Submit to [email protected] with the subject line “HoAF Grant” by September 19, 2021.
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut.