Atlas Corps: Côte d’Ivoire Emerging Leaders Initiative 2022
Deadline: October 31, 2021
Applications for the Atlas Corps: Côte d’Ivoire Emerging Leaders Initiative 2022 are now open. The Atlas Corps: Côte d’Ivoire Emerging Leaders Initiative is partially supported by the U.S. Embassy in Côte d’Ivoire and is looking to recruit emerging Ivorian social change leaders for the Atlas Corps Virtual Leadership Institute.
The goal of this initiative is to strengthen the capacity of emerging professionals to create positive social change in Côte d’Ivoire, including contributing to an inclusive, democratically-engaged, healthy, peaceful, and prosperous Côte d’Ivoire, while strengthening ties between the United States and Côte d’Ivoire to increase cooperation in these areas.
The Atlas Corps Virtual Leadership Institute is an online learning community for global social change professionals based on Atlas Corps’ established leadership development curriculum. Participants, known as Atlas Corps Scholars, enhance their professional skills, build their global networks, and prepare for leadership in their home communities
The Leadership Institute is organized into five online learning modules: Orientation, Developing Self, Developing Others, Leading Movements, Reflection. This online program includes keynote speakers, interactive workshops, self-led activities, discussion groups, and community-building activities with leading U.S. organizations and leaders. The Ivorian Scholars will participate in these activities in collaboration with each other and peers from around the world.
Scholars will design and implement Leadership Projects related to youth engagement, peace, health, economic empowerment, or inclusive democracy in Côte d’Ivoire. A Community Impact Fund will be established to support the implementation of the most promising Leadership Projects.
- Engagement in approximately 100 hours of FREE professional development training that will enhance Scholars’ knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Peer coaching and eligibility for funding to develop your leadership project in your community;
- Publicity on Atlas Corps external communication channels;
- Access to additional Atlas Corps trainings and opportunities;
- Lifetime enrollment in the global Atlas Corps Community (of 1000+ social change leaders from 100+ countries) upon successful completion.
- Be a citizen and resident of Côte d’Ivoire;
- Have two or more years of full-time professional experience working to address critical social issues;
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Be proficient in English (oral, writing, reading);
- Be aged 35 or younger;
- Have the technological capacity to participate in video calls which may be during working hours (1-2 per month);
- Be available to commit to approximately 3 hours of online activity and assignments per week for approximately 7 months.
They anticipate notifying selected candidates in December and launching this initiative in January or February 2022. To be considered for the next Virtual Leadership Institute Cohort, the priority deadline is October 31, 2021!
For more information, visit Atlas Corps.