Call for Applications: Kenya Healthcare Innovation Program 2021 (Up to $5,000)
Deadline: September 24, 2021
Applications for the Kenya Healthcare Innovation Program 2021 are now open. The Kenya Healthcare Innovation Program is a joint program between Kenya National Innovation Agency (KeNIA), Villgro Africa, ICChange and Kijenzi.
In line with KeNIA’s directive to accelerate disruptive innovation towards Kenya 2.0, these organizations are delighted to partner in a search for healthcare entrepreneurs with ideas, devices, technologies or software that have the potential to ensure affordable healthcare to all Kenyans. The program will culminate in a business pitching contest and award ceremony during Kenya Innovation Week in December 2021.
As part of the initiative, an innovation bootcamp will provide selected entrepreneurs with business skills to support commercially viable products and services, and strengthen the capacity of Kenyan innovators with regards to scaling their enterprise and impact. Financial awards of up to $5K USD, including incubation support, will be presented to the top 3 finalists during the Kenya Innovation Week Start-up pitching event.
- Funding: Initial investment funding of up to $5,000 and up to $455 worth of 3D printing services for selected entrepreneurs.
- Access to Networks: Access to development and investor networks from KeNIA, ICChange, Kijenzi and Villgro Africa.
- Investment Readiness: Receive mentorship and training for up to 5 weeks that will enable you to communicate effectively with potential partners and investors.
- The call is open to Kenyan citizens
- They should have skills to actualize their product or service.
- A healthcare innovation with potential for development, impact and scale (30 points)
- A healthcare innovation with potential for commercial application (25 points)
- A cross functional team e.g. comprising a doctor, engineer and marketer (20 points)
- Aligns with user/customer’s focus (15 points)
- Technical proof of concept will be preferred over unproven ideas (10 points)
Applicants must first log in to their user account on VC4A to access the full application. If you do not have a user account on VC4A, you will be asked to sign up and complete 3 onboarding questions before you can start with your application.
For more information, visit Kenya Healthcare Innovation.