Culture Resource Production Awards Program 2021 for Artistic Innovators in the Arab region (up to €13,000)
Deadline: November 8, 2021
Applications for the Culture Resource Production Awards Program 2021 are now open. The program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects.
Every year, 20 projects are selected for the grants, four in each artistic category. The program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic and literary expression. Since it was first launched in 2004, the Production Awards program has provided around 300 grants to artistic innovators in the Arab region.
The Production Awards program aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region.
Grants are available for the following disciplines:
- Performing arts: Development and production of theater, dance and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Development and production of art works, exhibits, installations and books in the various visual arts disciplines, including sculpture, engraving, photography and light art
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated and
experimental films and videos works. Grants are available for projects in the development, production and post-production stages.
- Grants of up to €8,500 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts and visual arts and of up to €13,000 for projects in cinema and video.
- Applicants must be between 15 and 35 years old as of the next first of January. Applications submitted by individuals not in this age bracket will be discarded;
- Applicants must originate from an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad;
- Application is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc.
- The application must be completed entirely in Arabic, apart from the blanks that require English.
- Include all necessary supporting documents (see the guidelines) with the application form.
For more information, visit Culture Resource.