FMSH/IFRA Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2022 (Stipend of €1,600)
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Applications are open for the FMSH/IFRA Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2022. The Fondation Maison des sciences de l’homme (FMSH) and the Institut Français de Recherche en Afrique (IFRA) of Nairobi offer a short-term fellowship of three month in France for postdoc researchers from Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, Eastern Congo (Kivu) who have presented their thesis from 2016.
This research stay is designed to enable researchers to conduct research studies in France: field enquiries, library and archives work. This call is part of the Atlas short-term postdoctoral mobility program offered by the FMSH and its partners.
- Laureates will receive a monthly stipend of €1,600 (paid at the beginning of each month of stay). This financial contribution is intended to cover expenditure such as transport and accommodation costs.
- Besides, the FMSH and the IFRA provide support for visa and logistical support to organise the stay (possibility to have a workspace, letter for the libraries…).
- Open to researchers originating from Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda Eastern Congo (Kivu) (nationality is a requirement) and affiliated with an institution of higher education and research or a public or private research institute based in one of these countries.
- Applicants must have obtained their PhD doctorate and presented their thesis from 2016.
- Applicants must be involved in research in social and human sciences.
Before submitting their application, applicants will have to find a French research institution to host them for the time of their stay. Applicants will have to provide a letter from the hosting institution addressed to the FMSH and the IFRA expressing the institution’s willingness to host the applicant during the time of fellowship and explaining the work conditions offered.
Applicants will be required to submit an online application form and a scientific dossier. Completed proposals can be uploaded to the application portal at any time before the application deadline of December 10, 2021, 17:00 (Paris time). Online application and scientific dossier can be submitted in French or English.
For more information, visit FMSH/IFRA.