Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP) Youth Innovation Challenge 2021 ($1,000 grant)
Deadline: October 25, 2021
Applications are open for the Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP) Youth Innovation Challenge 2021. The Global Environmental Education Partnership (GEEP) invites you to help solve two of the world’s most pressing issues: climate change and marine litter.
The 2021 GEEP Youth Innovation Challenge (YIC) invites applicants from 15 to 30 years of age to propose a solution to address climate change, marine litter, or both issues, using environmental education as a key strategy. They are looking for solutions that are innovative, feasible, and informed by research.
A total of 15 YIC finalists will be selected and will receive the following benefits:
- An official YIC finalist certificate
- Recognition through GEEP, NAAEE, and other global partners’ websites and social media pages
- Additional exposure for their solution to environmental education leaders and influencers at the 2021 Asia Pacific Virtual EE Forum
They will select 3 YIC winners from the 15 YIC finalists. Each winner will receive a $1,000 USD grant, in addition to all the benefits listed above.
- Open to young leaders and innovators aged 15–30.
- Your innovative solutions must:
- address climate change or marine litter, or both (since these issues are connected)
- include an environmental education component
- be submitted online through Submittable
- Only one proposal per person will be accepted.
Proposals will only be accepted in English at this time. Your video and written responses will not be scored based on your English ability, but rather the strength of your solution and your ability to communicate your ideas and vision to the judges.
For more information, visit GEEP YIC.