Deadline: October 8, 2021
Proposals are invited for the UN-HABITAT Participatory Slum Upgrading Program (PSUP) 2021. The purpose of the Call is to solicit proposals from interested Academia and research groups to support the Participatory Slum Upgrading Program in Namibia in contribution to the Sustainable Development Goal 11 for Cities, Target 1 “By 2030, ensure access for all to adequate, safe and affordable housing and basic services and upgrade slums”.
Applicant organizations should wish to participate in UN-Habitat operation and be able to contribute complementary resources (human resources, knowledge, funds, in-kind contributions, supplies and/or equipment) to achieving the common objectives of the project and subsequently agreed in an Agreement of Cooperation.
This call for proposals is addressing organizations that are specialized in participatory data collection in informal settlements, as well as in formulating strategies for slum upgrading and urban integration at local and national level.
- The grant provided will be up to $60,000 USD including operational and administrative cost.
- UN-Habitat is looking for an implementing partner from academia that can manage and deliver urban diagnostics, slum upgrading and financing strategies in Namibia.
- They are looking for a partner experienced in community mobilization and participation, data collection, neighbourhood planning, participatory methods and formulation of slum/ informal settlement upgrading strategies at local and national level.
Applicants shall submit their RFP response by email until the specified deadline to the attention of Leila Khaldi via email – [email protected]. Kindly submit the financial proposal and the technical proposal in two separate emails using the following e-mail subjects:
- For the Technical Proposal: ‘RFP/9-2021-PSUP-NAMIBIA – TECHNICAL PROPOSAL – NAME OF APPLICANT ORGANIZATION’
- for the Budget / Financial Proposal: ‘RFP/9-2021-PSUP-NAMIBIA – FINANCIAL PROPOSAL – NAME OF APPLICANT ORGANIZATION’
For more information, visit UN-HABITAT.