Young Water Fellowship (YWF) Uganda 2021 for Entrepreneurs
Deadline: October 21, 2021
Applications are open for the Young Water Fellowship (YWF) Uganda 2021. The program has since 2017 supported over 75 youth-led start-ups in 30 countries. The YWF Uganda 2021 empowers early-stage young entrepreneurs to validate and launch social businesses that tackle water, sanitation & hygiene issues at the community level.
The selected young entrepreneurs are provided with a holistic package of financial and technical support, including: training, coaching and mentorship, opportunities for seed funding and networking. By launching their social businesses, these young entrepreneurs contribute to universal access to safe water and sanitation.
Throughout the incubation phase of the program (October 2021-September 2022), the selected Young Water Fellows will benefit from:
- Two one-week bootcamps providing start-up training in the WASH sector.
- Coaching and mentoring support.
- Support in developing networks in the entrepreneurship and WASH sectors.
- The opportunity to apply for a seed funding of up to $5,000 to develop a pilot project of their social enterprises during 6 months and validate their impact.
- Be 18 to 35 years old at the time of the application.
- Be founder or co-founder of the initiative.
- Be a Ugandan citizen and resident.
- Have an initiative that addresses a water supply/sanitation/hygiene/waste management/water management issue and be willing to turn it into a social business. The initiative should be at an early stage (within the first 2 years) and ready to be piloted.
To apply to the Fellowship and get a chance to receive a one-year business support, you have to fill in an online form. Only complete applications with detailed answers will be considered. One-line answers to questions that ask for a description are considered incomplete, and therefore not eligible.
For more information, visit Young Water Fellowship.