Apply for Yale Young Global Scholars Program 2022 (Scholarships Available)
Deadline: November 3, 2021 and January 10, 2022
The Yale Young Global Scholars 2022 is open for application! Yale Young Global Scholars (YYGS) is one of the most globally diverse, two-week academic summer programs in the world. Serving over 2,000 students from over 150 countries and all 50 U.S. states, YYGS distributes over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to both domestic and international students.
Yale Young Global Scholars is an unparalleled academic and leadership program at Yale University, founded on the tenets of liberal arts, renowned for its diverse and inclusive community, and committed to increasing education access. YYGS empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders.
YYGS hopes to host on-campus and online sessions for June & July 2022, and they are working closely with our colleagues across Yale to evaluate options. They will provide timely updates regarding 2022 session offerings on our website.
- Innovations in Science & Technology (IST)
- Literature, Philosophy & Culture (LPC)
- Politics, Law, & Economics (PLE)
- Solving Global Challenges (SGC)
- Small, intimate educational experience with an 12:1 student to instructor ratio
- Taste of university life, including lectures with Yale faculty
- Humanities, social sciences, and STEM curricula at a top research institution
- Easy, affordable access to the program with fee waivers, tuition packages, and travel assistance
Financial Aid & Scholarships:
YYGS provides over $3 Million USD in need-based financial aid to domestic and international students that covers partial- or full-tuition discounts (up to 100% of tuition), as well as scholarships that cover travel assistance.
YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries, and offers the opportunity for students to apply for need-based financial aid to students from ALL countries.
- Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2022 (first day of Session III).*
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent).
- Be graduating in May/June 2023 or 2024 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2022 or 2023 from the Southern Hemisphere.
- Be a first-time participant in YYGS. If you have participated in a YYGS session during a previous summer** (2020 and prior), then you are not eligible to participate during YYGS 2022.Please note: If you previously applied to YYGS but were not offered admission or were unable attend AND you meet the eligibility criteria noted above, then you are encouraged to re-apply for YYGS 2022.
|Step 1||Review the YYGS eligibility criteria.|
|Step 2||Review the YYGS application required components.|
|Step 3||Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.|
|Step 4||You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.|
All students must submit the following application components:
- Activities list
- One 400-word essay and one 200-word response
- Two “fast take” responses (280 characters each)
- Official school transcript
- Two Recommenders (who will complete YYGS Recommendation Forms* ONLY)
- Application fee** ($60 for Early Action and $75 for Regular Decision)
- You must click the Submit Application button on the “Review” page for your application to be considered.
- OPTIONAL: English fluency test scores (TOEFL or DuoLingo)***
- OPTIONAL: Need-based financial aid****
For more information, visit Yale Young Global Scholars.