Deadline: October 24, 2021
Applications are open for the WAN-IFRA African Media Grants 2021. WAN-IFRA Media Freedom invites African media organisations to apply for a grant of $10,000 USD to assist newsrooms in telling the story of climate change.
WAN-IFRA’s Climate Change and Environmental Reporting grants are designed to aid newsrooms across Africa in tackling storytelling that:
- Demonstrates clear relevance to local communities.
- Addresses the big issues, highlights the underreported stories, or exposes new angles.
- Showcases innovative solutions that have impact.
- Promotes efforts towards positive change and shows people how they can take action.
- Explores innovative storytelling formats to reach and engage audiences.
- Newsrooms can apply for up to $10,000 USD. Only successful applicants will be contacted and they will have 10 weeks to complete their project.
- Open to news media outlets from Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Any professional news media outlet may apply for a grant to support their efforts to bring climate change and environmental reporting to their audiences.
- All formats, including multi-format storytelling, will be considered.
- Content can be produced in any language, but must also be available in English.
WAN-IFRA Media Freedom will ask for copies of all work produced under the grant agreement and will showcase this work across its digital platforms.
For more information, visit WAN-IFRA.