Leading the Americas Scholarship 2022 to Attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan (Fully-funded)
Deadline: December 1, 2021
Apply now for the Leading The Americas Scholarship 2022. The Leading The Americas Scholarships is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from The Americas are represented at the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
The Americas are collectively going through major leadership transitions, with many of those changes in governance creating ripples of instability across the region. Months long protests erupted in Chile and the humanitarian crisis engulfing Venezuela, both causing instability. Argentina’s debt crisis is still looming and misinformation is still on the rise throughout the region. Yet in the midst of all the uncertainty, young leaders are emerging to set their countries back on course. The clean energy movement is taking heed and advancements in tech are looking to make societies more equitable.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30;
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership;
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas;
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries in the Americas.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by the end of January. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
For more information, visit Leading the Americas Scholarship.