Energy Efficiency Innovation Challenge 2021
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Applications are open for the Energy Efficiency Innovation Challenge 2021. If you have an innovative business idea or solution that can contribute to lowering energy consumption, reducing energy bills at the household or industrial level, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, creating jobs, or reducing demand for energy imports, they want to hear from you!
The startup competition is part of Central Asia’s Energy Investment Forum 2021: Investing in Energy Efficiency. The forum will take place on 2 December 2021 and is Central Asia’s flagship event to enable private investments in the energy sector. About $400 billion worth of energy sector investment is needed in the region up to 2030. Governments acknowledge that public sector alone will not be able to meet those financing needs. The Energy Investment Forum functions as a key vehicle to attract investors to the region.
- Certificate and title of Grand Prize Winner of CAREC’s 2nd EIF start-up competition.
- Exclusive feature of the start-up company on CAREC Energy’s web portal.
- Participation in the next EIF.
- Prospect for inclusion in CAREC’s upcoming green energy financing platform as part of the CAREC Green Energy Alliance (disclaimer: this platform is yet to be established and the time of its launch is unknown at present; certain criteria will have to be fulfilled to benefit from this prize).
- Open to companies not older than 5 years with less than 100 employees;
- Be operating or based in CAREC countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan China, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan).
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to energy efficiency issues in the region
- Unique business proposition to contribute to energy efficiency
- Technological innovation
- National or regional scalability
- Submit your application online
- Upload a max 2-minute video pitch highlighting the product/ business idea and how it contributes to energy efficiency
- Upload a power point presentation of max. 12 slides presenting your company
The application deadline is November 1, 2021 (12:00 midnight Manila time)
For more information, visit Energy Efficiency Innovation Challenge.