Deloitte-One Young World Education Scholarship 2022 to Attend the OYW Summit (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Deadline: December 8, 2021
Applications are open for the Deloitte-One Young World Education Scholarship 2022. As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2022 which will enable 5 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Tokyo, Japan on 16 – 19 May 2022.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to:
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 16 and 19 (inclusive) May, 2022
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
- Applicant should be aged 18 – 30;
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit One Young World Summit.