Deadline: October 31, 2021
Applications are open for the UNITAR-Sunlight-Absa Bank Women’s Empowerment Program 2021 for Women in Kenya. The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), Division for Prosperity, Hiroshima Office has partnered with Sunlight and Absa Bank to launch an online training program titled Sunlight and Absa Bank Women’s Empowerment Program for women in Kenya.
The program focuses on building knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed for effective entrepreneurship, business management, and leadership of young entrepreneurs and business leader from the public sector, private sector, academia, media, and civil society organizations in Kenya. The applicants will have an opportunity to participate and engage more meaningfully in society through developing their own initiatives and businesses (social or commercial) that are self-designed and self-led and contribute positively to their own society.
The program consists of two online courses:
- Fundamental of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Leadership, strategy, and innovation
Participants will learn more specifically the following:
- Learning the entrepreneurial process of identifying opportunities and mobilizing resources to bring a new enterprise to life;
- Exploring the tools and techniques to create desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable solutions that solve customer needs and problems;
- Designing a business model appropriate for their enterprise and customer segment(s);
- Developing revenue models to capture value in all its forms and formulate financial projections appropriate for social or commercial enterprises, and
- Applying the types of innovations that lead to competitive advantage and enterprise growth.
Participants will be selected through an open call for applications based on the specific criteria including the following:
- Age 18- 50 years
- Geographical and sectoral representation within the country
- Deep interest in entrepreneurship and frontier technology
- Keen passion to learn by doing and highly motivated to succeed to provide a positive impact on the society
- Good oral and written English skills
- Own a running business
To apply for this program, you will need to complete the below steps:
- Create a SurveyMonkey Apply account
- Complete the Eligibility Criteria Survey
- Start, Complete and Submit your Application Form
For more information, visit UNITAR.