Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Black Founders 2022
Deadline: November 28, 2021
Applications are open for the Apple Entrepreneur Camp for Black Founders 2022. The Apple Entrepreneur Camp was created with the goal of supporting founders from underrepresented communities and their organizations as they build the next generation of cutting-edge apps, and to form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of underrepresented founders and developers in technology.
The program includes cohorts for female, Black, and Hispanic/Latinx founders and developers from underrepresented communities. During these technology labs, you’ll receive one-on-one code-level guidance on your app from Apple experts and engineers, as well as mentorship, inspiration, and insights from top Apple leaders. After the lab concludes, you’ll get ongoing support and become part of a growing community of other exceptional alumni who can help you build your business.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as guidance, education, and support. Selected organizations receive the following free of charge:
- One-on-one code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year of membership in the Apple Developer Program
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders
Applications are accepted from developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization may attend. To be eligible to apply:
- Your organization must have:
- A Black founder, cofounder, or CEO;
- A Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- A developed app or functional build that you can demo live.
- The Black founder, cofounder, or CEO; the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer; and another colleague (if applicable) must each be 18 years of age or older, proficient in English, and able to attend together for the entire duration of the lab.
Applications will be reviewed based on:
- Content of written responses to the questions on the application form;
- Commitment to development for Apple platforms using the latest Apple technologies; and
- Whether the app is unique or innovative.
The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details. Tell them about your organization and provide contact information for up to three colleagues who would attend if your organization is selected.
- Your app. Provide details about your app and development team. You may include a download or demo link, as well as up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future. Describe what you’d like to gain from participating in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Additional information. Select the dates for which you’d like to apply and provide any additional comments.
Your application will be kept on file for one year.
For more information, visit Apple Entrepreneur Camp.