Kinship Conservation Fellows Program 2022 ($6,000 stipend)
Deadline: January 9, 2022
Applications are open for the Kinship Conservation Fellows Program 2022. The Fellowship provides the opportunity to learn and apply principles and practices to improve how practitioners interpret and respond to complex environmental conservation problems.
Kinship Conservation Fellows operates on three primary strategies:
- Capacity building allows for greater implementation of market-based approaches. Each year, 18 conservationists participate in a month-long intensive Fellowship, which focuses on developing the skills needed to implement market-based conservation practices to solve environmental challenges.
- Thought leadership promotes greater influence within the larger conservation community by showcasing the work of Fellows, sharing research and evaluation findings, and lessons learned through the implementation of market-based strategies.
- Community serves to accelerate positive change and influence to address environmental challenges. The Fellows join a global community where they can connect with past cohorts and conservation practitioners to use combined skills and innovative ideas to accelerate change and maximize conservation impact.
- Those who are selected receive a month of valuable training and a $6,000 stipend.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of a four-year U.S. college degree (or its equivalent).
- Have a minimum of five years relevant work experience, after completing a degree.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be a conservation practitioner (rather than an academic or researcher).
Applicants will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Proposed project viability and appropriateness
- Leadership potential
- Potential contribution at the Fellowship program and ongoing membership in the Fellows Community
The 2022 Fellowship will take place from June 25 through July 26, 2022 in Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM U.S. Central Standard Time on January 9, 2022.
For more information, visit Kinship Fellowship.