Deutsche Welle (DW) Journalism Traineeship 2023
Deadline: November 29, 2021
Applications are open for the Deutsche Welle (DW) Journalism Traineeship 2023. The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond, and gives you the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor.
DW trainees receive a salary and gain hands-on experience in TV, online and radio with a combination of practical training blocks and newsroom placements. Trainees also explore journalism trends of the future, ranging from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality.
In addition, various journalism projects give you the chance to develop your own innovative content. Trainees also benefit from DW’s close ties with Major German and international media houses. They are looking for creative minds who reflect language and cultural diversity and who have something to say.
The DW Traineeship offers
- acquisition of journalism skills
- seminars on all relevant journalism topics, conducted by renowned trainers
- placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of their foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- introduction to producing your own content for TV, radio or online formats, from generating ideas to technical production
- placements in Germany, Europe and worldwide
- technical know-how for TV, radio and online
- Trainee’s salary
- after traineeship completion, prospect of ongoing contract working for DW worldwide
You also stand a chance to
- Work in an international environment
- Take part in a dynamic team
- Put your innovative ideas into practice
- You are a native speaker of one of DW’s languages with excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills;
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship
(especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law);
- Initial journalistic experience;
- Creative mind;
- Social media expertise;
- Ability to work under deadlines and as part of a team.
Applications are open from October 28, 2021 to November 29, 2021. They accept online applications only.
For more information, visit Deutsche Welle.