Deadline: December 15, 2021
Apply now for the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships for Study at icipe 2022. The primary objective of the ARPPIS PhD Program is to prepare young researchers from Africa to be globally competitive in research and development environments within national, regional and international research programs.
At icipe, ARPPIS scholars are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year PhD program that includes research, training, developing research partnerships, publishing scientific articles, writing grant proposals, and attending scientific meetings and international conferences. Scholars conduct strategic, innovative research at icipe’s laboratories and field sites located in different agro-ecological zones.
- The program covers all student costs, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with above average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent).
- Master’s degree with above average results (at least Second Class/Upper Division or equivalent), taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project.
- Additional requirements may apply depending on the PhD project selected by the applicant.
- Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Completed application form, PhD project proposal (based on one of the available PhD projects), and accompanying supporting documents.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
- Candidates who are staff members of a public university, or considered for university teaching or research staff recruitment, are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
Parallel to making an application to icipe, applicants must at the same time make an application to DAAD for an In-Country/In-Region PhD Scholarship. Familiarise yourself with the respective application processes by clicking on the links below. Only complete applications made to both icipe and to DAAD will be considered.
- Full instructions for application to icipe: icipe application instructions
Deadline for applications to icipe: December 15, 2021
- Full instructions for application to DAAD: DAAD application instructions
Deadline for applications to DAAD: December 15, 2021
For more information, visit ARPPIS-DAAD Scholarship.