LiftOff Black Entrepreneurship Program 2022 for Black Canadians
Deadline: December 10, 2021
Do you have a business idea that you can’t stop thinking about but don’t know how to start? Are you a business owner looking to grow and scale? Do you want access to coaches, mentors, training, and funding opportunities that are uniquely tailored to meet the needs of Black entrepreneurs? Apply for the LiftOff Black Entrepreneurship Program 2022.
The LiftOff Black Entrepreneurship Program is designed to support Black entrepreneurs from the earliest stages of starting a business to innovating, growing, and scaling an existing business. LiftOff’s customized one-on-one coaching model ensures that every minute spent in the program is dedicated to the areas that matter most to your business. LiftOff entrepreneurs spend up to 12 months in the program, working through the important milestones for business success such as market validation and research, business set up and intellectual property, funding and long-term strategy.
- Phase 1: Ideation and Market Validation (3 months)
- Phase 2: Build and Launch (3 months)
- Phase 3: Position for Success (3 months)
- Phase 4: Transition to Community (3 months)
LiftOff program is open to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Self identify as Black
- Have a scalable business idea or an existing business with growth potential.
- Located in the Region of Waterloo and Wellington County.
- Committed to dedicating a minimum of 12 hours per week to their business for the duration of the program.
- Prepared to complete the coaching and reporting requirements of the program.
- Attend the “LiftOff Black Entrepreneurship Program: How to write a successful application” workshop.
- Submit an application by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, December 10, 2021, to join the LiftOff Black Entrepreneurship Program. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so apply early to increase your chances of being selected!
- If shortlisted, you will be invited for a 30-minute interview. Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday, December 22.
- The LiftOff program begins on Monday, January 10, 2022.
For more information, visit LiftOff Black.