Doc Society Climate Story Fund 2021 (up to $100,000)
Deadline: January 7, 2022
Applications are open for the Doc Society Climate Story Fund 2021. The Climate Story Fund supports compelling storytelling and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate just and biodiverse future.
In this round they are looking for creative nonfiction projects that can complete production in 2022 with support from the Climate Story Fund. This can include long form non-fiction, shorts or episodic docs as well as podcasts and AR/VR. The Fund will also consider proposals from completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects that are looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2022 – to engage audiences who are not typically included in the climate conversation.
All projects must be climate themed with an intention to implement an impact campaign. They don’t need you to be an impact expert but open to the idea. As part of the grant making for this fund, they require all grantees to attend an Impact Lab to connect with impact producers & climate experts, to help develop impact distribution strategies and ensure they are building upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences.
- The Climate Story Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $20,000 to $100,000 per project.
- Each grantee will be invited to participate in an impact lab where storytellers will collaborate closely with practitioners, ranging from climate scientists to impact producers to movement builders, to ensure they are building upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences.
- Open to all storytelling mediums, prioritising both late stage production and support for impact campaigns.
They can support:
- Projects from all over the world – these can be localised stories serving local communities, or projects suited to a global audience.
- Projects from both new and established artists.
- Creative nonfiction projects, including long form, shorts, and episodic documentaries, as well as podcasts and AR/VR, looking for funding to complete production in early 2022.
- Creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2022.
- Project teams who are able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of April 25, 2022.